Dorena School was established in 1896. The first school was a one-room building with approximately 20 students. School was in session just 14 weeks per year. In 1946, the old Dorena School, and the entire town of Dorena, were abandoned due to the damming of the Row River and the creation of Dorena Reservoir. The original foundations still rest at the bottom of Dorena Lake. A new building was erected 4 miles up the road and is still in use today, as is Dorena School. Our school supports kindergarten to 8th grade and serves on average 95 students.